FAQ: Which Artists and Entertainers Are Eligible for a P-3 Visa?

P-3 visas are available to certain entertainers, artists, and accompanying personnel. In this blog post, we’ll look at who may receive a P-3 visa.

P-3 visas are available to foreign nationals who perform as artists or entertainers, individually or as part of a group, and seek to temporarily enter the United States to perform, teach, or coach, in culturally unique events. P-3 visas are also available to accompanying personnel who play an integral part in the performance of these artists or entertainers.

There is no requirement that the events must occur at cultural, governmental, or education institutions. And the petitioner of the P-3 visa aspirants may be a commercial producer.

What is “cultural uniqueness”?

“Culturally unique” means a style of artistic expression, methodology, or medium unique to a particular country, nation, society, class, ethnicity, religion, tribe, or other group of persons.

A culturally unique style of art or entertainment is not limited to traditional art forms. And styles of art or entertainment that are fusion of more than one culture can be culturally unique.